Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Life on the road


Wednesday October 3 2018

We started exercising again yesterday at Planet Fitness. It’s a very nice clean facility and it has not been crowded at all in the morning. This is in contrast to our home gym in Myrtle Beach where mornings are the very busy. Surprisingly I pretty much picked up where I left off before we left. Millie is also going at the same pace as she did at home. I thought we would have softened some with the time off. PS: The gym is still; painful and not very much fun at all. Even though I try to exercise regularly, I have not become a gym rat. I only go because I have too.



Yesterday afternoon I repaired our hot water heater. It is powered by propane or electricity and the control board for the propane operation had failed. I ordered the part and had it sent ahead to Palm Springs. Instead of sending it to the campground, I used the new Amazon option of sending it to a secure locker. After your item is placed in the locker they send you a code number to retrieve it. I will use this again when traveling; it eliminates all the worry about lost shipments. Another nice feature is, if for some reason you cannot retrieve your package, after three days it is returned and you are refunded.

My next repair is to our onboard generator. We have dash air conditioning we use when driving down the road, but switch over to the generator whenever we stop along the way, Wal-Mart, lunch, etc. Most of the time it is very dependable, but every so often it will not start. It acts like it is not getting fuel; we’ll see what we can find out today.

Palm Springs aerial Tram


Tomorrow the last of the clouds from tropical storm Rosa will have passed and we plan on taking the Palm Springs aerial Tram car from the Valley Station (2643 feet) to San Jacinto Peak (8516 feet).

I almost forgot this story. Yesterday after we left the gym, Millie asked me if I saw the man collapse in the gym.
Me: No, I hadn’t seen that.
She said they called 911; paramedics came, worked on him, and hauled him away to the hospital.
Me: No I didn’t see any of that.
Millie further said, he was the man that was wearing gym shorts like yours with the green stripe, but he had on a yellow shirt and his shoes were……and his hair was…….
Me: No I didn’t see him.
Millie, he was the man that was cleaning out his car when we walked across the parking lot.
Me: No I didn’t see that either.

There are two possible explanations for this disparity. One of us is far more observant than the other or when we walked across the parking one of us entered some kind of time-space warp and we were not in the same gym at the same time. I’m going with the second choice!






No comments:

Post a Comment